Hi! My name is Simon Tushev. I'm a web developer, so most content on this site is related to the Web and Joomla! development.
As well as I publish some notes related to my hobbies, such as electronics and photography.
My skills / experience
- Back-end: PHP, Yii/2.0, (My)SQL, XSLT, custom C#/C++, Ruby apps (not Rails!) for specific goals
- Joomla! - site design, administration, components/modules/plugins/templates development; T3 framework, Gantry & other
- Moodle, Drupal, Wordpress - basic knowledge and administration
- Server administration: nginx/apache, FreeBSD/Linux environment, virtualization, forensics
- C#/WPF, Metro UI, SpeechAPI, T-SQL, OLAP, LINQ
- Ruby & Python for scripting & automation
- Matlab/Octave (various calculations, parallel computing, GUI) for research tasks with complex mathematics
I also have some background in LUA, classic C, assembler, Visual Basic but these languages are not my preffered ones.
- OS: Windows (3.1 - 10), Linux (CentOS/Ubuntu preffered), MacOS X, FreeBSD/OpenBSD
- Version control: git (preffered), svn
- Adobe Photoshop - collages, photo processing, website design
- CorelDRAW, Adobe Illustrator, GIMP - basic knowledge
- Analog/digital circuitry background
- Atmel AVR platform, C/C++, asm, i8051
- P-CAD, Eagle experience, small-series PCB manufacturing process
- Mechanical engineering, Autodesk Inventor
- Arduino platform for hobby projects / fast prototyping ;)
- MSc in Applied Computer Science
- MSc/DI in RadioElectronics Engineering Technology